Oh, the randomness ...

Wednesday, September 12, 2007

The truth behind happiness

And she's back!

Today I was reading my Big Issue and the cover article. It was all about the 'pursuit of happiness' and what that really means. (Did you know there is a Happy Institute in Sydney?) Four page article made simple: they're right, happiness is in the little things. This got me thinking about what makes me happy, and this simple thought put me in a great mood on my walk home from work.

Off topic: My sheepie is making me giggle because she keeps walking around in circles looking for somewhere to sit. I've stolen her chair tehehee.

I'm off to Sydney soon. I'm so excited, (possibly) my last aiesec conference and an extra weekend just for me. It will be great to see friends and explore the city, as well as getting up to (the regular) mischief at conference. I'm determined to make it to the Lindt café this time.

Mum and Dad are leaving me to see the world. Next month they'll be away for 6 weeks and I'll have to fend for myself. I'm trying to go through Mum's million cook books to find recipes that I like and put them into my new folder. I'm semi looking forward to it, but at the same time, its hard to look after our house when you're never here.

A few 'happy' thoughts to finish off with...

a stubborn dog refusing to walk in the park | Sheepie curling up in my lap | watching kids play in the playground | watching Sos asleep on his back | Dad enjoying the book I bought | the smile from that special someone

Peace out.

September Links:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home