Oh, the randomness ...

Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Seeing through darkness

One sunny Saturday afternoon in Sydney, Jen, Blanca and Bri decided to go to the Art Gallery of NSW to see the Archibald Prize finalists.

My absolute favourites:

Vincent Fantauzzo

Brandon

Jen and I were mesmorised. We couldn't believe that this was actually a painting and not a photograph. It was all about the eyes, so full of emotion, gorgeous big brown eyes. My favourite piece out of them all.


Guy Maestri

Geoffrey Gurrumul Yunupingu

Gurrumul! There is no doubt why this portrait won. I think I'm drawn to this painting because I know the story behind it. I love that you cannot see his eyes, portraying his blindness. Complete contrast to my favourite piece.

Link:
Archibald Prize

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home